Top 5 Newest Posts

Don't Let Me Get Caught!


                  Dear lord...
                If I make it,
           Out of this house alive,
                I will get baptised,
            Get saved immediately,
                 Start tithing,
                And what else....?
            Eee.. compose a song,
            Start catechism classes,
             Join the women's guild,
             Start reading the Bible,
            And will use this episode,
             As a living testimony,
             To bring many sinners,
                Into your fold!

            You can bare me witness,
             That I was not aware,
           Wambui is a married woman!
           You heard her lying to me,
               That her husband,
             Was killed in Kismayu,
                 Two years ago,
            By the Alshabab militia,
                   Dear lord,
             Don't let me get caught!

                Innocent as I am,
               Why would you then,
                  Give me away,
                 To his husband?
               Why would you then,
                 Let him notice,
           That there is a stranger,
                  In his house?
                 The bible says,
           That you are a merciful God,
                  Or doesn't it?
                    Dear lord,
             Don't let me get caught!

            You may be angry with me,
              For being unfaithful,
                   To my wife,
                But you also know,
          That for the past three months,
                I have been panting,
               Like the biblical deer,
                After she denied me,
                Access to her well!

                 Under this bed,
               There are big rats,
         Please don't let them bite me!
                 Under this bed,
               There's lot of dust,
           Please don't let me sneeze!
                 Under this bed,
              There's lot of cold,
            Please don't let me cough!
                 Under this bed,
        There's many pairs of his shoes,
            Please give Wambui wisdom,
                 To distract him,
                Whilst he decides,
                      To check!

                    Dear lord,
                  Under the bed,
               I've been laying on,
              Is where I will spend,
                  This cold night,
         Please don't let me fall asleep,
                And if I must sleep,
                Don't let me snore!
               Let my stomach behave,
                For the last thing,
             I'd wish to happen to me,
                 Under this bed,
                  Is not hunger,
                  But diarrhoea!

                            "DON'T LET ME GET CAUGHT"
                        Poem by Poeter Gitonga

No comments